Tuesday 2 October 2012

In my head


By this time, that family of three had already become dried-out shells of humans. Everything is still difficult to do, but I’m doing them. My eyelids feel like they’re lead, but my eyes sting so badly when they close that I can’t sleep. My own busy head is what’s making them sting.

My limbs feel tied down, too. And my stomach. It’s like it’s tethered to the rest of my insides and it churns whenever I move, because it’s being pulled at from every direction.

I’m thinking – even though the effects are horrifyingly real – the effects may all be self-imposed. It’s all in their heads, maybe?

But, that seems too extreme to be right, or real. It’s more than just hypochondria.

At the very least, I’m not wasting away. I feel disgusting, still, but now it’s more in the sense that I just want to take a long shower. Wash away the fear that I’m wrong, and there is a sickness…just, the sickness is in my brain.

Mind over matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment