Monday 24 September 2012

Transcript #3


KS: You’re typing? You’re seriously fucking typing?

AT: Leave her alone!

KS: What the fuck good is typing gonna do us, Leigh?!

LT: There should be a record. There has to be a record.

MB: No one will believe this.

AT: I would.

KS: You bought a gun ‘just in case’ the zombie apocalypse is real.

LT: Stop.

AT: And would you fucking look at that – I was right. Do you seriously know how to use that?

Melissa is loading shotgun shells into her antique rifle.

MB: Yes. It should still be functional, I’ve never tried it out. I do know that it’s not only decorative.

KS: Great that we’re all so fucking prepared.

LT: Stop.

KS: What in the name of… What are we supposed to do? You just. I just. You killed my Grandpa.

AT: Your grandpa was already dead, you know he was dead. Leigh was at the clinic when he was pronounced, Kyle, he was honestly gone.

LT: It’s true.

KS: Not gone permanently.

AT: Look outside. He’s not the only one out there, and I’ll bet my ass they all died, too. They wasted into walking corpses, and now that’s exactly what they are.

KS: Shit. Fucking shit. Fuck. Leigh, will you stop typing?!

MB: Everyone needs to just keep calm. We have to be practical about this.

AT: Couldn’t agree more. We’ve got food in here, and the CDC should-… Oh, fuck…

LT: What is it?

AT: The quarantine. God damn it, what if they’re trying to wreck us?

LT: Wreck us?

AT: Like R-E-C, Rec. us. Like Quarantine? The movie – they might just be containing, they might not even care if we make it out of this alive…

MB: I’m sure that isn’t true. We can hole ourselves up in here until they’re gone, at the very least. Then we can get back to your house, evacuate Mr. and Mrs. Tran…

AT: We can’t.

LT: What?

AT: We can’t go pick up family, Leigh, it’s too dangerous.

LT: Are you shitting me? You’re talking about our parents!

AT: It’s already setting in, for mom! You saw! I. I don’t want to give up either, but that means we have to stop everything, not.

Anthony is having a difficult time speaking.

AT: We can’t get distracted. That’s how people die. If we want to help them, we have to rely on someone figuring out what the source of all this shit is, and putting a stop to it. It’s no good, otherwise. We’ll just get bit and die, too.

KS: …Leigh? What do you want to do?

We’re all silent for far too long. Anthony was frozen, for a little while, but resumes picking up more boxes to stack in front of the windows. Melissa is helping him.

LT: I don’t know what to do.

KS: I know.

LT: This doesn’t seem real.

KS: I know.

LT: I can’t live with myself if I let our parents die.

AT: Leigh…I think mom’s already dead. I think if we hang around any longer, we’ll be dead, too. And I know that mom would kill herself before putting us in danger, Leigh, you know that. Leigh?

LT: Maybe, but I

AT: I’m sorry, Leigh, I’m really, really sorry.

I have a hard time typing. Anthony is hugging me, and my vision is blurred.

No comments:

Post a Comment